Monday, January 19, 2009

Can he really be almost 8?


That's right!! Michael is ALMOST 8! Just a few more short weeks, and my oldest little man will be all grown up. He is so excited to get baptized and to join the cub scout program. He is especially excited that he gets to go to scouts for the first time ON his birthday!

We've been busy talking about baptism, and tonight we had a Family Night lesson on Baptism. I have found a ton of cute ideas on this website, including the lesson we used for tonight! Go check it out!

I've also been busy trying to create a baptism invite/announcement. After seeing my friend Rachel B's announcement she did for her son (and another friend's son) I was so excited to attempt to recreate it on photoshop. It took me forever since I'm not too photoshop savvy (and I only have the Elements version!) I still never figured out how to put a frame around Michael's cute little face.. but I like the way it turned out, and they looked great when Costco printed them up for me! So THANK-YOU Rachel B. for the idea and I hope you don't mind that I scrap-lifted your design. It was just too awesome not too! Oh - and sorry about all the nonsense in the invite. I hate to add too much personal information on the blog (for obvious reasons!) I had a hard time choosing between the photo above and this one, but eventually chose this one because of the darker background. He is so handsome in both! The one below shows his cheeks starting to turn red. We were literally only outside for maybe 8 minutes and we were freezing! Anybody know how to edit the red cheeks?


Now off to plan a MARIO party. Both boys want Mario this year, so at least that cuts down on the amount of creativeness I have to try and display! Luckily Birthday Express just came out with mario themed stuff.. but since I'm cheap, my kids will probably only get the cool plates.. and maybe the wall clings (since those can be used twice!). If any of you bloggers out there have some awesome mario ideas I'd love to hear them!

No comments: