Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 down, 1 to go...



Well, two kids are now in school full-time. We decided to place Luke in the All-day kindergarten (they do charge a fee to go all day), so they are both gone from the time the bus arrives at 8:05am until the bus drops them off at 3:40. I still have Brynley at home so I'm not quite "FREE" yet, but it will be a nice break. Here's some cute photos from yesterday. They are SO excited to be going to school and especially to ride the bus. I'll have to get some photos of them with the bus (with my camera that just arrived today! WHOO HOO!) - tomorrow will be the first time they BOTH get to ride to school together!



AND.. for any of you that have heard of the HUGE fire the ravaged through a Boise neighborhood last night - luckily it wasn't ours, but it was across the street from our subdivision and up the hill. The whole area along the road we travel down on the south side is blackened. It was definately a little too close to home. For those of you who haven't heard you can read about it and see photos here. I'm sure it will be front page for a few days. It really reinforced in me the need to be more prepared. Many of these families only had seconds to get out of their homes. One lady did not make it out. Some homes burned completely to the ground in just 3 minutes. I think the count was 10 homes completely lost, 9 damaged and around 50? were evacuated. If I were to have just minutes to evacuate would I know where all my "important" stuff is? (Uh.. no, it's all still in boxes of course!) Just a little something to think about (and perhaps a new project!)

No comments: