Sunday, August 24, 2008

Awesome Freebie, Birthday Party and... She's on the way!!

So check out our new FREE piano! I was sitting at my computer when I got an email from my previous RS president, stating she knew of someone who's caregiver was giving away a piano... FOR FREE! On one condition.. it had to go to a good home where it would be appreciated! I was ALL over that email and called as quickly as my fingers could dial! We picked it up this weekend when we were home and our only costs were gas and the small uhaul trailer we used to bring it home! Not bad for a free piano! It seems to be in pretty good shape too! It's probably a 1960-1970 Werlitzer spinet with a matching bench. Steven says it smells like "Old Person," Which I guess is true - anyone know how to remove that type of smell? It has improved a little bit since cleaning it (it was very dusty and I assume it was in a smokers home for a while by the amount of yellowish dush I cleaned off of it) But despite the smell we are very excited!












We went home this weekend for my nephews 1st birthday party. Here are a few pics - my nephew's name is Mason and his sister is Makayla. These are the only cousins so far on my side of the family and my kids love seeing them! I love the construction idea. My sister (annie) had "sack lunches" for us and the coolest cake. Makayla is a celiac so she couldn't have any cake - but she really enjoyed the chocolate off the Haagen Daz Bar! Mom found the cool construction cone drink containers and my kids thought they were awesome. There are other pics, but they are on Annie's Camera!
And last but not least.... she's on the way! Now I just need some input on lenses that you guys like and use - eventually I'll be able to invest in some different lenses as well. I think it will be here Wednesday so I'll be able to test it out at my nieces wedding this weekend (yes, another trip to La Grande this weekend!)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I just got the same camera for our anniversary!!! I LOVE IT!!! I am so excited! Let me know what you find out about the lenses!!!