Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Help me!

I've had this since we got married, and the poor thing needs some TLC. (notice the green original artwork by at least ONE of my kids - luckily the picture actually makes it look a little better than in real life!) Before we moved here it's use has been for my recipe books and the drawers just held pens/pencils and our small wimpy baker phone book. The poor thing looks worn and tired. I just can't decide what to do... obviously an overhaul with paint/stain - SOMETHING! All you bloggers out there that have a good eye for restoring stuff - post some ideas for me! My school brain can't seem to turn off lately - and I am in desparate need of some creative time!! Try to ignore the TOTALLY disorganized mess of recipe books inside - I have too many to fit inside now!)

(So if I do decide to actually paint *gasp* this treasure, what is your favorite paint to use.. something that will actually stand up to my kids for the most part?!!)

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

I would paint that baby BLACK! Would look FABULOUS!

:)Rachel

My 2 cents!

lindsy said...

Hmmm ... I have the same kind of problem. A shelf that we've had since we were married and I'd been thinking about painting it dark. Maybe we should both go black and see! Thanks Rachel, via Brandy's blog =)