Sunday, July 06, 2008

Happy Independance Day Weekend!

****ALERT! LONG POST WITH WAY TOO MANY PICTURES!!!****

Whew! This weekend was so busy for us. (and not just this weekend, but the past couple of weeks!) We had to get new carpet in our rental last week. The previous renters had a dog that used the upstairs carpet as a bathroom a few too many times, and since our landlord lives out of town, nodbody knew until we arrived. So, we are finally starting to get things "REALLY" put away after removing everything during the carpet installation.

School is CRAZY. I'm not sure that an "Accelerated Essentials of Chem" (Chem 105) should be a summer class or not... we are covering 3 chapters a week and my head is litterally starting to spin! Between Chem and all the reading and writing involved in my English class I'm ready for a break!

ANYWAY...Here's a few pics from this weekend. Our ward was invited to another ward's July 4th breakfast. The kids had a parade with their decorated bikes. We had so much fun decorating the bikes, and I think I had WAY too much fun on Brynley's! She looked SOOO adorable on her little bike and I got some pretty cheesy smiles out of her!

We also watched the parade downtown.




Then went over to Ann Morrison Park and layed out UNDER the fireworks. Check out some of these awesome pics I got of the fireworks!! Brynley was not excited about all the noise. She kept saying "Don't like it.. pops" (referring to the noise of the fireworks as they exploded in the air). But, we were there and it's not like I could go wait in the car with her! She toughed it out and now talks about it constantly.




I hope you had a great fourth! Life has been insane, but I'll try to post more often. We'll be going home next weekend to the cabin so I'll have lots of fun pics to post next week after that little vacation!

PS. Saturday I heard music playing and looked out the window to find the ICE CREAM TRUCK! I think it's hilarious that the name for this guy's truck it "SCARY LARRY'S ICE CREAM" since my dad's name is Larry! HA!








3 comments:

Jill W said...

Cute pics! Your kids are adorable. About the ice cream truck - who in the world would name an ice cream truck something like Scary Larry's? I'm not sure I'd let my kids get ice cream from there. Weird!

Michael Baxter said...

wow, great fireworks pictures! Cute, cute parade!

Michael Baxter said...

oops, sorry. Mike was signed on. It's me, Lindsy =)