Monday, September 29, 2008

Asthma.. Strep... SERIOUSLY!

Ok so this weekend and TODAY has been another one of those "SERIOUSLY" days for me. (For all you Grey's Anatomy Fan's - this word seems to be something I use as much as the characters in the show!) Luke's Asthma flared up and he's getting very little sleep. This is not good for my mischevious, red-headed 5 year old! It makes for MUCH crankier days! The Poor kid coughs so hard I swear his lung is going to come out of his mouth one of these days. We are so lucky that his asthma isn't where he's wheezing and short of breath. That gets to scary, but this is scary enough for me.


THEN, as if we needed more - Michael woke up with a sore throat and stomachache today. I didn't know if it was one of those "I don't want to go to school" excuses or if he was really sick. I decided to go ahead and let him stay home (I figured with all the tears I got from ONE dose of Ibuprofen something must be up). I finally had him take a little nap when he looked like he was going to drop, and when he woke up his fever spiked to 102. First, this kid NEVER takes a nap. It doesn't matter if he's sick or not, he WON'T nap. So that was clue number 1 that he wasn't ok. Clue number 2 is the obvious fever. Michael is my super-immune kid that never gets sick. So for him to be this down and out had me calling the doc. Sure enough, the rapid-strep came back positive. SERIOUSLY! We want to go to Utah this weekend so I really hope this doesn't hit anyone else. Or if it does it has to happen tomorrow so I have enough time to get drugs in these guys before we head out! ARGH!
Oh well. On a lighter note - Ms. Brynley had a great time playing "mommy" to sick brother (before we realized it was strep). After her nap she wanted to "snuggle" him and read him a story. So cute!


PS. So what did you Grey's Anatomy Fans think of this week? I think there's some good stuff coming up. Those previews had me a little worried! I also watched ER later and was quite disappointed they would kill someone off in the first show of the last season!

2 comments:

Jenn and Tyler said...

Brandy I am sooo sorry! Those days are "seriously" misunderstood by way too many people whom we don't need to mention but I hope you got some good RandR, or at least you will this weekend I hope. Hey, I'm your new visiting teacher, so I'll be in touch soon. Have a great conference weekend. (I say that like it's a holiday, then again, any day we don't have to get children ready for church is a holiday right?!!!!)

Bridget said...

'Tis the season, illnesses almost make me miss the 100 degree weather. I hope your kids are feeling better now, it's no fun for anyone. Brinley looks so cute as the little "mom".