Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bring it on...


As if I didn't already have enough to do during the next couple of weeks, I got to spend a few hours in the ER today. Brynley (being quite a little shorty) cannot reach my bed. Usually she asks for help to climb up, but today she decided to pull out my bottom drawer and use that to boost herself up. When she decided she wanted down, she smacked head first on the wooden dresser drawer. It knocked her out for a few seconds, and gave her a minor concussion. We had to do a CT and everything! She was a champ and held still, and they didn't have to sedate her. Thankfully it was normal and she seems to be acting ok. The mark (which was a HUGE goose-egg a few hours ago is right near her hairline, so if I don't pull her hair back with a clip, then you don't see it. It doesn't look terribly horrible right now, but I know the coloring will only get worse!! (and yes.. as you can see from the picture I still give my 2 year old daughter her binky. Sure - she's got a little bit of a cross bite now - but that can all be fixed later... sanity is much more important at this stage!!)

But, like I said - do I really need anything else added to the stress???!!! I'm starting to feel the craziness even more from trying to pack, sort, get ready for the yard sale, school work...... etc etc. Anybody feel the need to write a paper or take a final for me??!

1 comment:

Jill W said...

Awww, poor Brinley & Brandy! Lucy's also had several bumps and bruises while we've been staying with my parents waiting for our loan to be processed. They have a big bed that she thinks she can climb on, too. Silly monkeys! I still let Lucy have her pacifier during nap times, too. I had a pacifier until I was about 5 (seriously!), and I had near perfect teeth when my permanent ones came in, so don't worry about it! You're right - sanity is way more important!